“You’re doing pretty well for a large lady” an 80 year old said as he passed me on the run of my first Ironman (a long distance swim/bike/run race). I have been large ever since I was a child and I have tried seemingly everything to lose weight. Some people diet, lose weight, gain it back and more, then start over again. But I just didn’t lose it to begin with. I read a lot about eating healthy. I ate what I thought was a very healthy diet, and stopped worrying about the weight (or at least tried…). I have always been active, and I continued to build physical fitness with increased passion for the sport of triathlon.
But there was something about that statement from the aged athlete, coupled with recommendations from the triathlon community, that led me to trying “one more thing” for weight loss. I began working with a health coach, and it has changed my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. I have lost some weight since starting on that journey, but more importantly, I have found a way of eating and a relationship with food that has me FEELING GREAT. I have more energy, I am better able to manage stress, and the work I have done starting with my health coach has boosted my personal happiness in all areas of my life.
As I explored my own interests, I discovered that I have a deep passion to help people on their health journeys, and in 2017 I enrolled in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I love it and am honored to work with clients 1:1 to help them think more expansively about their lives and what health means to them.
As I started digging deeper and gaining the courage to build the life I want to lead, I also took the giant leap and left my 9-5 job as an attorney and started my own law practice in 2019. I am now entirely self-employed. I work harder than I ever have in my life, but I crawl into bed at night exhausted and with a smile on my face and a deep-seated sense of satisfaction.
- I will not tell you want to eat. I am not employed by someone to promote a particular way of eating.
- I will guide you towards a whole food diet in a way that works for you. Within the context of whole foods, I will guide you to exploring the way of eating that gives you the most energy and makes you feel your best.
- You will focus on adding in whole foods to crowd out any foods that are not serving you.
- You will choose small, manageable goals every couple of weeks. Over time you will be amazed at the impact small changes can have.
- We will explore aspects of your health other than food such as stress and how it serves you, relationships, your daily routine and habits, sleep, and exercise.
- You will receive personalized attention aimed at your own goals, lifestyle, and body.